- 3 bedrooms – sleeps 4 – 6. (Recommend 4 adults max )
- 2 x double bedrooms: 1 x bunks
- electric blankets on all beds
- 1 bathroom with electric shower over bath
- newly carpeted sitting room with dining area
- flat screen TV with Saorview (Freeview) channels, dvd player, cd/radio,
- oil fired central heating & immersion water heating
- separate kitchen
- gas cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine
- Spacious Play Shed in back garden – ideal for rainy days.
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- cot and highchair available on request
- small library of books for adults and children, board games, cartoons/films/ music CDs
- sheltered, secluded back garden
- patio area with outdoor furniture
- well-kept lawns, front and back
- ample off-road parking for several cars
- quiet, peaceful location
- thank you for not smoking
- sorry, no pets
On the Doorstep
- Refresh your spirit with the sound of the waves at the local rocky strand.
- Dance like nobody’s watching, sing like nobody’s listening on the local sandy beach: most likely, you’ll have it all to yourself!
- Lighthouse Tavern – 15 mins walk
- Lighthouse – 25 mins walk
- Local Shops and Post Office 2.5 km
- Nearest Supermarket at Portsalon Crossroads
Cosy Nook was wonderfully peaceful, exactly what we needed. We loved the cows in the back and going to the Lighthouse before dawn! Blessings upon you.— Steve & Juli Parsons, Mansfield, Ohio, USA. Sept 2018.
I didn’t want to leave it behind
We had such a lovely time at the Cosy Nook. ..... I didn't want to leave it behind. It brought back many old family memories. We enjoyed a trip up the lighthouse and many other nooks and crannies to explore. The cottage had everything we needed to relax and be comfortable.— Joanne Hawe, England, July 2016
This week in Cosy Nook has been incredible. The house if very cosy and ever detail is accounted for, including very comfortable beds. It's worth visiting Ards Forest Park which doesn't appear in many guide books, also Blueberry Restaurant in Portsalon, and Conway's Bar in Ramelton.— Jose Manuel Oliveira, Spain, 28th August 2014
A peaceful experience
We have really enjoyed our week in the Hills of Donegal. Fanad is very beautiful and Cosy Nook is lovely - in a peaceful area - we were privileged to spend time here.— McBride Family, Brighton, August 2014
We saw the birth of a baby seal!
Back in the land of noise & work & time keeping, but we had a wonderful time in Cosy Nook. This year we had some new experiences, just when we thought we knew what to expect. We were lent binoculars, through which we saw lots of seals lounging around on the rocks and one of them had a baby seal as we watched - we couldn't believe it and felt very lucky indeed. — Tom & Deirdre, London, August 2013
The place has character!
The cottage is in a quiet, remote area (which is what we were looking for), but convenient for small shops and a nice pub. The area has some good walks, though there are no signposted off-road paths - you have to ask the locals where you can go! We found the cottage nice and cosy - as the name suggests - and equipped with everything we needed. Bear in mind this is an older property so may it not be up to the same standard as a new-build bungalow for some people. We found the place had character though, and yes, the cattle did come to the back fence to say hello! The Lighthouse Tavern is about fifteen minutes walk away and is well worth a visit in the evenings, with the best kept Guinness anywhere and very friendly locals.— Paul Glenister, July 2013
A home from home
We have enjoyed our stay very much here in Cosy Nook and hope to return here very soon. We found the cottage aptly named - a home from home. It is very clean and comfortable.— Jamie & Chris McAteer, March 2013
Sunrise and Sunset
We had a wonderful time in ‘Cosy Nook’. The cottage is very well equipped, all we needed was right there. The location is just perfect for exploring the Fanad peninsula. It is just a few minutes’ drive from Fanad Lighthouse, which was excellent for our husbands as they wanted to photograph the lighthouse at sunrise and sunset. We will definitely recommend the cottage to our friends.— Lucia Jurikova, Dublin, Oct 2012
The bees knees
We have been coming to Fanad & its environs for the past 17 years, stayed at many different locations and types of abodes, but this ‘Cosy Nook’ is the bees knees. Everything you could want and need is here, and what’s more – it all works! We settled in quickly…… The weather was a star too and in this Olympic year it was a Gold Medal of a holiday. We’re already looking forward to coming back. — Deirdre Malone, London, August 2012